Are you currently accepting new clients?

Yes, I am currently accepting new clients.

What is the process for becoming a client?

Please note that I am not currently accepting new clients. The following is my process for when I am accepting new clients. First, I suggest doing a free initial 20-minute consultation with me, either in person or virtually, to discuss whether we would be a good fit for a counselling relationship. During this consultation, you are welcome to ask me any questions you may have about me and my work. I will also ask you some questions about yourself and the concerns that you are hoping to address in counselling. If we determine that we are a good fit, I will add you to my waitlist. Once I have space in my practice for you, I will send you an email letting you know that you can use my online booking system to book sessions with me. If in the initial consultation we determine that we aren't a good fit for a counselling relationship, I will do my very best to connect you with an appropriate counsellor or service.

What is the process for coming in for couples counselling?

In addition to the steps above, the couples I work with complete an online relationship assessment and each partner comes in for one individual session before we begin couples counselling.

Is everything we discuss confidential?

As a Registered Clinical Counsellor and as Registered Social Worker, I have a professional obligation to keep all of your information confidential, including your identity and status as my client, as well as information about what we discuss in sessions. None of this information will be released to anyone without your informed, voluntary, and written consent. The only exceptions to this are: If you disclose a plan to imminently harm yourself or someone else, disclosure of abuse of a vulnerable person, such as a child or elderly person, or in the highly unlikely event that my records are subpoenaed by court order

What is your cancellation policy?

I require 24 hours notice for the cancellation of appointments. If less than 24 hours of notice are given, the full session fee will be charged.

What are your counselling credentials?

I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) #13221 with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and a Registered Social Worker (RSW) #10631 with the BC College of Social Workers. I have a Masters of Social Work Degree (MSW) from the University of British Columbia and have also obtained advanced clinical training including Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), Narrative Therapy, Somatic Therapy, The Gottman Method, Sex Therapy, and Sexual Health Education.

Will my extended health insurance plan cover your services?

Probably. Most extended health plans will cover either RSW or RCC services, so your plan will probably cover some sessions. Check with your HR department or extended health carrier to be sure; it’s also good to know what your yearly maximum is, so that we can plan accordingly. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask me by phone or email.

If I have extended health insurance coverage, do I still need to pay at the time of the appointment?

Yes, payment is due on the date of each counselling appointment. The process around extended health claims is that clients pay me directly and I issue an official receipt that they submit to their insurance, either by mail or online.

Do you offer in-person/telephone/virtual counselling?

I offer in person and virtual counselling.

How can I benefit from mental health coverage through the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)?

First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) provides clients with access to free counselling services from mental health providers in the community such as myself. As a registered service provider for the FNHA, I strive to provide culturally safe and trauma-informed mental health services to Indigenous people in BC. I am approved as a mental health service provider for the following health benefits programs: Mental Wellness and Counselling Program, Indian Residential School Resolution Health Support Program (IRS-RHSP), and the Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women & Girls (MMIWG) Program. Please call the FNHA Health Benefits line at 1-855-550-5454 or visit fnha.ca/benefits to determine your eligibility and get registered. FNHA does not pay for no shows or late cancellations.  Therefore, all FNHA clients are responsible for paying for any missed sessions or late cancellation fees.